Paper Talk: Arsene Wenger sitting on £50m of cash
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham transfer news
- Arsenal are expected to release figures any day now which will show Arsene Wenger is sitting on at least £50million of cash.
- Former England captain John Terry sensationally quit international football last night.
- Roberto Mancini was involved in another confrontation with Mario Balotelli after seeing Manchester City pegged back by a late Arsenal equaliser at the Etihad Stadium.
- Liverpool could be without defender Daniel Agger for the rest of the season after he suffered a suspected medial ligament injury.
- Fulham boss Martin Jol is considering another move into the free agent market with the signing of former Bolton midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker.
- Patrice Evra has confirmed there was never a chance he would not shake Luis Suarez's hand at Anfield yesterday.
- Andre Villas-Boas warned Hugo Lloris he faces even more time on the bench after Brad Friedel had a superb match for Tottenham.
- Jonjo Shelvey accused Sir Alex Ferguson of getting him sent off at Anfield yesterday.
- Nile Ranger, the Newcastle United striker, has been arrested and charged with criminal damage.
- Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers curses ill fortune and says ‘better team lost’ at Anfield.
- Arsenal defender Kieran Gibbs has hailed the impact made by new assistant manager Steve Bould in helping the Gunners improve their defensive record this season.