- Wayne Rooney could be on the bench for Manchester United's Capital One Cup match against Newcastle on Wednesday after recovering from a badly gashed leg ahead of schedule.
- Roy Hodgson has not ruled out an England return for the recently retired John Terry - even if he is found guilty by the FA of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.
- Rio Ferdinand is open to the prospect of playing for England again but has yet to be contacted by manager Roy Hodgson in the wake of John Terry's international retirement.
- Alan Shearer has emerged as the leading candidate to replace current Blackburn manager Steve Kean - if the Scot is sacked.
- Liverpool defender Glen Johnson has branded Antonio Valencia a "cheat" after he won a penalty for Manchester United at Anfield on Sunday.
- Steven Gerrard claims Luis Suarez is being targeted by referees because they think he is a diver.
- Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna is a transfer target for Inter Milan.
- Chelsea star Eden Hazard reveals he was on the brink of joining Tottenham.
- England manager Roy Hodgson hasn't spoken to Rio Ferdinand since the Manchester United defender was left out of England's Euro 2012 squad, and remains reluctant to call him up despite John Terry's shock retirement from international football.
- Theo Walcott is desperate to stay at Arsenal and sign a new contract.
- Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger is considering a move for AGF Aarhus striker Aron Johannsson.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms