Barcelona deny Neymar deal
Barcelona transfer news: No Neymar deal, club's vice-president claims
Barcelona's vice-president has denied the club already have a deal in place with Santos to secure the signature of Neymar, but claims they would be interested should the Brazilian become available.
It was claimed in the Spanish press earlier this week that Barca had an agreement with Santos which meant they would be entitled to €40million should Neymar be sold to any other club.
The report also suggested that the 20-year-old would move to the Nou Camp next summer, despite the player's insistence he will remain with Santos until his contract expires in 2014.
But, says Josep Maria Bartomeu, Barcelona have not negotiated a deal for the Brazil international, although will make their move when his current employers decide they are ready to sell.
"Neymar has a contract with Santos until 2014 but he's a player that would fit perfectly with Barca's idea of the game," Bartomeu told La Graderia.
"We haven't paid anything for him but if he wants to play in Europe we'll go after him."
Neymar, meanwhile, helped Santos claim the Recopa on Wednesday with a 2-0 defeat of Universidad de Chile during which he scored the opener.
The young forward did, however, miss from the penalty spot although this did not affect Muricy Ramalho from winning the crown for the first time.