Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo says his side must 'move on' from the Didier Drogba era in tomorrow's match against Arsenal.
The Gunners welcome top of the table Chelsea to the Emirates Stadium at Saturday lunchtime, but do so without their talismanic Ivorian striker since his departure for China.
The former-Chelsea forward scored 13 goals in 14 fixtures against Arsenal, and the Blues have a formidable record with Drogba, but a terrible one without him.
In the last 33 Premier League games between Arsenal and Chelsea, their record with Drogba reads seven wins from 10 matches, but Chelsea have not won a single game without him.
That record prompted Arsene Wenger to say: "I don't know if Chelsea miss him, but we don't miss him."
Fernando Torres has replaced Drogba at Stamford Bridge, and the Spaniard has three goals in eight games so far this season.
But the 27-year-old still looks a shadow of the player he was at Liverpool, and doubts remain over his ability to replace Drogba long-term.
Still, Di Matteo is backing his striker, and wants the club to move on from the Drogba era.
"Didier Drogba has been a fantastic player for this club for many years, but we have to move on from that", Di Matteo said in the Independent.
"That's the past. We're looking to the future now."
Their activity in the transfer market backs up Di Matteo's statement, as the Blues have invested heavily in young, talented players.
Brazil starlet Oscar was snapped up for £25m, while Chelsea beat a host of Europe's top clubs to sign Lille playmaker Eden Hazard.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms