Football

Toon refuse to budge on Barnes

Published Add your comment

Football News
24/7
Derby boss Paul Jewell has revealed Newcastle are not prepared to increase their bid for Giles Barnes.

Jewell confirmed on Tuesday a verbal offer from the Magpies for the 19-year-old had been rejected - and insisted the midfielder would be going nowhere unless County´s valuation was met.

Jewell, speaking after Wednesday night´s 1-1 Barclays Premier League draw at home to Manchester City, said: "They said they wouldn´t be coming back with more than they´ve offered - which I´m pleased to hear."

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2008, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms

Topics:
Giles Barnes
Football
Manchester City
Championship
Premier League
Newcastle United
Derby County
Giles Barnes

Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again