Liverpool have failed in a bid to lure England under-21 winger Thomas Ince away from Blackpool, according to Tangerines manager Michael Appleton.
Reports on Wednesday claimed Liverpool had agreed a fee in the region of £6 million to bring Ince to Anfield in the January transfer window.
The 20-year-old joined Blackpool from Liverpool for £250,000 only 18 months ago, and it appeared that Ince would secure a move back to Merseyside after an impressive spell at Bloomfield Road.
But, says Appleton, Liverpool have failed so far to meet the demands of Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston, and the club will not entertain the idea of selling Ince until an acceptable offer is made.
“There’s been a conversation with Karl Oyston and Liverpool regarding an offer,” Appleton said, as reported by the Blackpool Gazette.
“As far as I’m aware the offer is way below what we’d expect for someone of Tom’s talent."
Ince has scored 13 goals in 20 appearances in the Championship this season and his performances have also reportedly attracted interest from Premier League duo Tottenham and Newcastle United.
The young winger is the son of former Manchester United and Liverpool midfielder Paul Ince, who made 81 appearances for the latter during his time at Anfield.