- Frank Lampard is set to extend his stay at Chelsea, with club owner Roman Abramovich ready to perform a U-turn and re-open contract talks with the 34-year-old midfielder.
- Real Madrid are confident of luring Gareth Bale to Spain, while Tottenham have made fellow midfielder Tom Huddlestone available for transfer.
- Arsene Wenger has spoken to David Villa and tried to convince the Barcelona striker to move to Arsenal.
- Liverpool are ready to offer veteran defender Jamie Carragher a new one-year contract.
- Chelsea interim boss Rafa Benitez has told Roman Abramovich he needs two more players in January in order to win a trophy this season.
Mail on Sunday:
- Stoke's £15million valuiation of Asmir Begovic means he won't be joining Manchester United this month.
- Liverpool are continuing their long-running bid for Blackpool winger, and former academy product Thomas Ince.
- Real Madrid will move for Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero if his marriage break-up leaves him feeling isolated in England.
- Kevin-Prince Boateng has opened the door on a return to England.
- Lewis Holtby says joining Spurs will be a childhood dream.
Daily Star Sunday:
- Mario Balotelli is ready to quit Man City for AC Milan with Napoli striker Edinson Cavani the man to replace him at The Etihad.
- Former Manchester United defender Jaap Stam wants to return to England as a manager.
- Arsenal will let Johan Djourou leave for Hannover 96 on loan.