Tottenham Hotspur are being linked with a move for Liverpool striker target Son Heung-Min.
German newspaper Bild claims Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has set his sights on the 20-year-old Hamburg star, whose versatility means he could also play on the right wing at White Hart Lane.
The report goes on to claim that Son wouldn’t come cheap however, with the north London outfit needing to spend in the region of €10 million to lure the player away from the Bundesliga.
With Emmanuel Adebayor away on international duty at the African Cup of Nations, Tottenham Hotspur are short of attacking options, with Jermain Defoe the only senior striker available.
Brazilian international Leandro Damiao has also been linked, but Villas-Boas played down a move for the Internacional star yesterday (Thursday).
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was heavily linked with a move for the South Korean star back in November, and was said to be going head-to-head with Arsenal in the race to sign the player.
Rafael Van der Vaart – who joined Hamburg from Spurs – went as far as to warn his teammate against a move to Anfield, claiming that an approach and offer had been made at the time.
“He must stay here. Of course it is tempting when Liverpool approaches you and offers £16m. Yet here he has confidence, he plays regularly and can get better. He is a very importantplayer for us,” said the Dutchman, according to The Daily Express.
It’s Premier League rivals Tottenham who now appear to be leading the race to sign the player however, and ‘AVB’ has three weeks to try and negotiate a deal if he wants the 12-cap international.