Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal target Fernando Llorente will leave Athletic Bilbao and join Juventus in the summer, according to the Italian club's sporting director, Giuseppe Marotta.

TalkSPORT reports how the 27-year-old has attracted attention from a host of Premier League clubs, but now looks set to snub English interest in favour of a move to Serie A.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger had been linked with a move for Llorente, as he looks to strengthen his forward options at the Emirates Stadium this month, while Andre Villas-Boas wants to do the same at White Hart Lane.

Jermain Defoe and Emmanuel Adebayor are Tottenham's current first-choice pairing, but with the Togolese star in action at the Africa Cup of Nations, Villas-Boas wants to add further reinforcements during the transfer window.

However, both Spurs and Arsenal's hopes of signing the Spain international have been dashed, after Marotta confirmed Juventus are verging on completing a deal for Llorente.

"I do not beat around the bush, we told Athletic Bilbao that we are interested in the player and I'm optimistic about his contract," he told Radio24. "He will play for Juventus from July 1."

 

Topics:
#Tottenham Hotspur
#Arsenal
#Football
#Premier League