Football

Spurs & Everton dealt deadline day blow over Spanish striker

Next Story →
.

Everton and Tottenham Hotspur have been dealt a decisive blow in their pursuit of Alvaro Negredo.

The Spanish has been heavily linked with a move away from Sevilla, with the Toffees the latest club reported to hold an interest in the player.

And, agent Juanma Lopez confirmed that there had been contact from the Everton camp, but that a deal with the Goodison Park outfit wasn’t feasible.

"It's impossible. Negredo is an important player for Sevilla and I am absolutely sure nothing will be done in this window," Lopez told the Liverpool  Echo.

"I know they have spoken to Everton but there is no way it will happen. Unfortunately there is no chance because Sevilla simply don't want to lose him, and if they do they will ask for crazy money."

David Moyes is known for his frugal approach on Merseyside, meaning Everton won’t be luring the 27-year-old to the club.

And, if there was any doubt over the situation, club sources confirmed that the La Liga outfit have no plans to sell the player.

"It does enter our plans the sale of such an important figure to us as Negredo, and on the last day of the market - this chance can be forgotten," they told Sky Sports.

Tottenham Hotspur were linked with a move for Negredo as recently as Monday, with The Daily Mail reporting that Andre Villas-Boas had set his sights on the former Almeria star.

Spurs are light of options in attack, with Jermain Defoe currently the only senior option available at White Hart Lane in the absence of Emmanuel Adebayor, who is playing for Togo at the African Cup of Nations.

However, it now seems certain that Negredo won’t be joining Tottenham in the transfer window, or any other club in England for that matter – including Everton.

Topics:
Tottenham Hotspur
Football
Premier League
Everton
Next Story →

Article Comments

Trending

Read more

Scroll for more articles below.