Galyamin confirms Liverpool made January loan move for Hungarian winger
Dinamo Moscow sporting director confirms Liverpool made loan offer for Balazs Dzsudzsak
Dinamo Moscow have confirmed that they rejected a loan offer from Liverpool for Balazs Dzsudzsak during the January transfer window.
The Reds brought Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho to Anfield last month, but appear to have failed in an attempt to land the Hungarian winger on a short-term deal.
"We received an offer from Liverpool for a loan deal but not for a permanent deal," sporting director Dmitry Galyamin told Sky Sports.
"Loaning is not an option for us so we finished the discussions immediately."
The confirmation comes just days after Dzsudzsak himself claimed that Liverpool wanted to sign him. The 26-year-old also claimed that the decision was taken out of his hands by the club.
"I am staying but it wasn't up to me, Dinamo didn't let me go, not even to Liverpool. I can't say any more because it is not my position to do so,” he told Nemzeti Sport on Tuesday.
Dzsudzsak started his career at Debreceni VSC in his homeland, before moving to PSV Eindhoven and then Anzhi Makhachkala in Russia. His spell at the Dynamo Stadium lasted just six months, and he was brought to the Arena Khimki last January.
Brendan Rodgers attempted to repeat the trick with another move just one year later, but the Liverpool chief was rebuffed in his efforts to bring the 50-cap international to the Premier League.