With Manchester City's hopes of retaining the Premier League title fading, Roberto Mancini's position at the Etihad Stadium has come under considerable scrutiny.
Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini has a verbal agreement to take over at Manchester City, according to Chilean TV station, 24Horas.cl.
Reports have claimed that the 59-year-old held talks with officials from the Premier League club on Wednesday, and agreed in principle to take over from current boss Mancini.
The website fail to reveal when Pellegrini will complete his move to the English champions, but it is believed that the South American tactician will be handed the reins at the end of this season.
Mancini dismissed suggestions he could be sacked when he met media prior to last week's FA Cup win over Leeds United, and had to revisit the subject again after the game.
When former Real Madrid boss Pellegrini was then mentioned in the opening question at his latest press conference, Mancini indicated he was clearly tiring of the discussion.
Mancini's short tempered nature prompted an angry altercation, with the City boss swearing in front of reporters and TV cameras as he was asked to comment on the latest speculation concerning his future.
Mancini said: "After the FA Cup (game) I said that in the last 18 months since Manchester United won the Premier League, there were seven trophies (to play for) and Manchester City won three of those seven trophies.
"For this reason I don't understand it. I'm not the CEO or chairman, if you want to ask these questions ask them. I have four more years on my contract, I think I'm doing well, I am happy here."
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeFootball Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeFootball.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeFootball.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.