Ex-Old Trafford starlet not upset to see Manchester United crash out
Manchester United news: Paul Pogba feels no disappointment at United's Champions League exit
Former-Manchester United starlet Paul Pogba has taken another shot at his old club, admitting he feels no disappointment for his previous employers as they crashed out of the Champions League to Real Madrid.
The Frenchman spent three years at Old Trafford, but struggled to establish himself in the first-team and left for Juventus at the end of the last season on a free transfer.
He started his side's second-leg tie against Celtic as Juventus progressed to the quarter-final stage on Wednesday evening, after a 5-0 aggregate victory over the Scottish champions.
Manchester United slipped to a 2-1 defeat at home to Real Madrid on Tuesday evening, but Pogba revealed he wasn't upset to see them exit the competition.
Speaking in the Daily Mail, Pogba said: "Did I watch Manchester United yesterday? Of course I did. Was I sorry to see them lose to Real? No."
The defending Serie 'A' champions stormed into the next round of the competition, goals from Alessandro Matri and Fabio Quagliarella ensuring smooth passage to the quarter-final stage.
Antonio Conte's side currently sit top of Serie 'A' again this season, and Pogba is confident Juventus stand an excellent chance of going all the way in Europe this term.
Pogba said: "We are pleased. It was a very difficult game and we played the right way. There is great confidence within the team and the staff, and we will try to win the Champions League because we are Juve.
"I know the fans always expect me to score, but today it didn't matter because the most important thing was to win. The game was not as easy as it seemed tonight.
"I just want to play and win, that's all. The coach believes in me, and I'm glad I came here to play."
The 19-year-old midfielder revealed he left Old Trafford for first-team football, and he's certainly made a big impression at the Juventus Stadium, making 19 appearances in Serie 'A' so far.