Scoring 100 goals in the Premier League is an incredible achievement for any footballer and there are 23 players that can boast about being in the '100 club' but who did it fastest?
The answer to that is Alan Shearer. Not only is he the highest goalscorer in the Premier League ever, he is also the fastest player to reach 100 goals in the competition.
Shearer spent most of his career with Newcastle but also had spells with Southampton and Blackburn. He retired from the game after scoring 260 goals in the league and he managed to reach the 100 mark after just 134 games.
Second to Alan Shearer is Arsenal legend, Thierry Henry who scored 175 goals in the English Premier League during his time with the London club and he managed to reach the landmark after just 140 appearances.
Rounding off the top three is another ex-Arsenal footballer, who was their all-time leading scorer until Thierry Henry came along. Ian Wright managed to score 113 goals in the league whilst at Arsenal and West Ham United and he reached the 100 target after playing 173 games.
Below are the other players who make the top ten list:
1) Alan Shearer (100 goals in 134 matches)
2) Thierry Henry (100 goals in 140 matches)
3) Ian Wright (100 goals in 173 matches)
4) Robbie Fowler (100 goals in 174 matches)
5) Les Ferdinand (100 goals in 176 matches)
6) Michael Owen (100 goals in 186 matches)
7) Andy Cole (100 goals in 188 matches)
8) Robin van Persie (100 goals in 190 matches)
9) Jimmy Hasselbaink (100 goals in 200 matches)
10) Didier Drogba (100 goals in 220 matches)
Stats taken from: Talksport
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeFootball Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeFootball.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeFootball.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.