Peter Odemwingie blasts West Brom on Twitter - again
Premier League: West Brom striker turns to Twitter to voice his frustrations
Peter Odemwingie has taken to Twitter to criticise West Brom once again - just two months after his original swipe at the club.
The Nigerian seemed to be working his way back in favour with his employers after his dramatic attempt to sign for QPR on transfer deadline day in January, which saw him go from a hero to a zero very quickly with the coaching team and the fans.
The striker made it clear back in January that he didn't want to stay at the Baggies and handed in a formal transfer request, which the club originally rejected.
Despite rejecting the request, Odemwingie took it upon himself to force a move away from the Hawthorns and, on transfer deadline day, drove all the way to Loftus Road in an attempt to strike a deal with the QPR. However, this fell through, which left Odemwingie red-faced.
It is apparent Odemwingie is annoyed that he is only making brief appearances for the Baggies, and he has made it clear that he wants to leave in the summer and is hoping to finally end his nightmare time at the Hawthorns.
Here are his tweets from Sunday.
- "Keeping me on the bench now is worst than what they did on the 31st. New advisers told me to take say its all my fault cos its better or me
- "If they like they shouldn't even give me 10 mins to play. Threatening to ruin my career? Career I closed already last summer? No harm to me
- "Want to treat me like an average player. The abuse and praise I get is it average ? So get some extra from me too
- "Former Albion sporting director in the presence of the new and Manager apologised to me in private. Publicly not good ? Come under my cloud
- "Drive was lunacy ? Missing in the training section that day also lunacy ? They forgot to complain about that though cos they knew were I was
- "Things have almost got back to normal till Peter spoilt it again. What's normal ? We see things differently obviously.
- "Has anyone seen me give interview to clubs website for a year now ? What about an interview in match day magazine ? I am on my own there
- "Was ready to give half of the contract there and earn less to make it happen. Forcing a move really is when u want to leave 4 free.
- "1senior player in presence of the captain and few other seniors last season. 40 a week. If he s on that I should be on 80.# talksbehindback
- "More reasons ? Should still remain loyal ? Even if it sounds childish. It's a lot. People I should trust normally. Holding meetings.
- "Before that I was a proper gentleman in the team and trusted everyone. I tried to leave quietly didn't work.
- "A normal team will never let a player who acted like I did come back. My friends there remained friends. The few wish to but can't talk.
- "Now let them hold another meeting. Please let it not involve more than players and coaches. SC doesn't let them in our meetings now. Proof
- "The meeting to help me out this time so I don't disturb please. Club will back you as usual as u are more in numbers. Why keep me still ?"
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeFootball Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeFootball.com or SportsNewMedia.The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeFootball.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.