Paper Talk: March 31
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham transfer news
- Sir Alex Ferguson insists Javier Hernandez will not be sold, despite interest in the Manchester United striker from Real Madrid.
- Stewart Downing says the threat of the axe at Liverpool saved his Anfield career.
- Frank de Boer has emerged as the front runner to replace Roberto Mancini at Manchester City.
- Interim Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez deliberately refuses to call Sir Alex Ferguson by his title, instead prefering to refer to Manchester United manager by his surname.
Mail on Sunday
- Jose Mourinho and David Moyes top Roman Abramovich's shortlist of managers to replace Rafael Benitez.
- Rio Ferdinand will be offered a new one-year deal by Manchester United next month.
- Brendan Rodgers hopes to reunite Xabi Alonso with Steven Gerrard in the Liverpool midfield.
- Manchester City are ready to make a summer raid for Alexis Sanchez – with Barcelona keen to off-load the Chilean.
- Andre Villas-Boas believes Gareth Bale will fire Tottenham back into the Champions League.
- Sir Alex Ferguson expects Roberto Mancini to be at Manchester City next season.