The Premier League is one of the best leagues in world football, and it has offered great entertainment since its beginning all the way back in 1992.
I won't say that goals are necessarily what makes a game exciting, but when there are goal-fests it certainly adds plenty of excitement.
The highest-scoring Premier League game came back during the 2007/08, season when Portsmouth hammered Reading 7-4.
So, what other games stand-out because of the apparent lack of defending?
Here are the top 10 Premier League goal-fests, with the statistics courtesy of Transfermarkt.
1. Portsmouth 7-4 Reading | September 2007
2. Arsenal 7-3 Newcastle United | December 2012
3. Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal | August 2011
4. Tottenham 9-1 Wigan | November 2009
5. Tottenham 6-4 Reading | December 2007
6. Chelsea 7-2 Sunderland | January 2010
7. Middlesborough 8-1 Manchester City | May 2008
8. Tottenham 4-5 Arsenal | November 2004
9. Tottenham 7-2 Southampton | March 2000
10. West Ham 5-4 Bradford | February 2000.
So, as you can see, the Premier League has thrown up some sensational score-lines, with a 7-4 thriller topping the list.
Tottenham have been involved in four games out of the top 10, winning three of them, but losing painfully in a north London derby. Meanwhile, their fierce rivals Arsenal have been involved in three, winning two of them and losing one, which was a humiliating 8-2 defeat at Old Trafford.
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeFootball Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeFootball.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeFootball.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.