As a Premier League striker there is no better feeling than scoring goals - and let's be honest, that is the least the fans expect from players paid a fortune every week.
Despite scoring goals being their main duty on the football pitch, there are still times where a striker can go through a horrid run where they fail to find the net - and the longest stretches to a massive 28 games (and no, it's not Emile Heskey).
Whilst Manchester United's Robin van Persie has successfully ended his goal drought after 10 long matches, some strikers have failed to find the net for longer than that after enduring a torrid time in front of the goal.
But who heads the top 10 list? With the statistics also available to view at Transfermarkt, find out below.
1. Mattias Jonson | Norwich City | Games without scoring: 28
2. Nile Ranger | Newcastle United | Games without scoring: 26
3. Enrique De Lucas | Chelsea | Games without scoring: 25
4. David Kelly | Sunderland | Games without scoring: 24
5. Lee Hughes | West Bromwich Albion | Games without scoring: 23
6. Dong-Gook Lee | Middlesborough | Games without scoring: 23
7. Kaba Diawara | West Ham United and Arsenal | Games without scoring: 23
8. Erik Meijer | Liverpool | Games without scoring: 23
9. Carl Shutt | Leeds United & Manchester City | Games without scoring: 20
10. Julius Aghahowa | Wigan Athletic | Games without scoring: 20
It is quite unbelievable that a striker once went 28 games without scoring! That is nearly a whole season. A terrible, terrible performances from a top-flight striker.
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeFootball Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeFootball.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeFootball.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.