Football

Manchester United & Liverpool snubbed as Brazil star seals transfer

Published 7 Comments

Football News
24/7

Manchester United and Liverpool have missed out on signing Brazil international Dede as the Vasco defender has agreed terms on a £4.7m switch to Cruzeiro, according to Goal.com.

The highly-rated centre-back has seven caps for his country, and was linked with a move to the Premier League after Vasco found themselves embroiled in financial difficulty.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was thought to be a big fan of the defender, and was eyeing the 24-year-old as a potential Jamie Carragher replacement. But United and Liverpool have both lost out to Cruzeiro.

The complicated deal involves Cruzeiro purchasing a 45 per cent stake in the player following the transfer, with the remaining 55 per cent split between several third parties.

The cash-plus-players deal also involves three Cruzeiro first-teamers joining Vasco as part of the transfer. Full-back Diego Rennan and Alisson will move to the Rio-based side, while Wellington Paulista - currently on loan with Premier League side West Ham - will also move to Vasco.

The £4.7m deal is something of a coup for Cruzeiro, who've beaten several European giants to the signing of Dede. As well as Liverpool and Manchester United, Serie 'A' side AC Milan were also thought to be monitoring the centre-back.

But, with perhaps one eye on next year's World Cup on home soil, the 24-year-old has decided to snub a move to Europe and stay in Brazil.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms

Topics:
Football
Premier League
Manchester United

Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again