Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed that manager Tito Vilanova will still be in charge of the Catalan club next season, reports Fifa.com.
The 44-year-old coach has missed a large chunk of the 2012/13 campaign after undergoing cancer treatment, but returned to oversee first-team affairs earlier this month.
With Barca on course to retain the Primera Division title this year, it looks like being a relatively successful season for the Spanish giants, even after this week's 4-0 mauling by Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
Despite suggestions the great side put that was put together by Pep Guardiola is approaching the end of an era, Bartomeu has insisted that Vilanova is doing a good job at Camp Nou, and is capable of overseeing another period of dominance.
"He will manage Barça next year," he told Catalunia Radio on Wednesday night. "We believe in him. It was not easy to take on the transition and he has done it very well."
Barca now face a tough ask to qualify for this year's Wembley final, with the need to stop Bayern from scoring in the return leg in Spain, as well as finding four goals of their own, just to take the tie to extra time.
Even if they exit at the semi-final stage for the second consecutive season, Bartomeu says the club will stick to its principles, and carry on playing football the right way.
"It is not the end of an era," he added. "Here there is a structure and continuity. It is not like in 2009 when nine players came in.
"That was the end of an era but here there is a base of players and there will be a few alterations. I can't imagine a Barca without [Lionel] Messi, Xavi, [Andres] Iniesta, [Gerard] Pique, [Sergio] Busquets etc."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms