Football

Manchester United prepare cut-price £30m move for Real Madrid forward

Published 17 Comments

Manchester United are preparing a £30million move for Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema this summer, according to The Sun.

The newly crowned Premier League champions are long-term admirers of the 25-year-old France international, and came close to signing him when he left Lyon in a £35million deal in 2009.

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson will advise his successor David Moyes - who takes over from the 71-year-old Scot from July 1 - to do everything possible to bring Benzema to Old Trafford.

Benzema still has two years to run on his existing contract at the Santiago Bernabeu, but like a number of other Real Madrid players, there are question marks surrounding his long-term future in Spain, given the fact that Jose Mourinho is poised to quit the capital club at the end of the season.

Earlier this month, Benzema's sgent, Karim Djaziri, quashed speculation suggesting his client will be looking to move, saying that Mourinho's predicament will have no impact on the player's future.

"I've said it before, and I will repeat it: Benzema is not leaving Madrid," he told CalcioMercato.

"The possible departure of Jose Mourinho does not change the situation. A transfer is not an option."

However, fresh reports are now circulating that Manchester United will renew interest in Benzema as soon as the transfer window reopens, and look add him to the club's fearsome forward line ahead of the 2013/14 campaign.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms

Topics:
Football
Premier League
Manchester United

Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again