Alex Rodriguez says he plans to 'keep tabs' on developments regarding Major League Baseball's drug investigation.
The New York Yankees star is at the centre of the investigation, being the most high-profile player accused of taking performance enhancing drugs.
Around 20 players have been linked with the investigation after Tony Bosch, the founder of the Biogenesis of America, has agreed to talk openly with the MLB about drug taking at the facility.
Rodriguez faces a 100 match ban if he is found guilty but seemed reluctant to comment on the matter.
"Myself and others are being mentioned in a media report before the process is even concluded," Rodriguez said Thursday in a statement issued by his new spokesman, Ron Berkowitz. "I will monitor the situation and comment when appropriate.
"As I have said previously, I am working out every day to get back on the field and help the Yankees win a championship. I am down here doing my job and working hard and will continue to do so until I'm back playing."
Rodriguez, an All-Star third baseman, was among many high-profile players linked to a Miami clinic called Biogenesis of America and its founder Anthony Bosch in a January report in the Miami New Times. Ryan Braun and Melky Cabrera join Rodriguez as Bosch provides information regarding the use of banned performance-enhancing drugs.
Rodriguez is recovering from hip surgery that he underwent in January but is nearing full recovery.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://bit.ly/12evFlH
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.