Jose Mourinho is prepared to let Chelsea stars David Luiz, Juan Mata and Fernando Torres leave as he looks to remodel his new squad according to the Sunday Times.

Mourinho was announced as Chelsea manager last week and will be officially unveiled at a press conference today.

According to the Sunday Times, Mourinho is ready to make major changes to his squad, starting with listening to offers for both Mata and Luiz.

The pair, both signed in 2011, formed a key part of Chelsea's success in the Europa League last season and were part of the Blues' Champions League winning team in 2012. 

Torres has struggled to make an impact since his £50 million move in 2011, but showed glimpses of his best form towards the end of the 2012/13 campaign.

According to the Sunday Times, Mourinho is prepared to listen to offers for both Luiz and Mata in order to bring in reinforcements elsewhere and shape his squad to his liking.

The Portuguese coach is said to be looking for around £35 million for Luiz, and will listen to offers for Mata, who was signed for around £25 million and has twice been named Chelsea's player of the year.

The paper adds that Mourinho has made it known that Torres is available and on the market this summer.

In place of the key trio Chelsea are keen on landing Napoli's Edinson Cavani, but have identified Bayern Munich's Mario Gomez as a cheaper alternative.

Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski is also said to be on Mourinho's radar.

The Sunday Times adds that Mourinho is looking for a holding midfielder and central defender, but as yet who the 50-year-old will target is unclear.

Topics:
#Chelsea
#Football
#Juan Mata
#Premier League
#Fernando Torres
#David Luiz