UCLA star Shabazz Muhammad has declared his intentions to enter the 2013 NBA draft.
The Freshman who averaged 17.9 points last season has decided to make the jump up to the pro's having been declared ineligible for the 2012-13 season for a breach of the NCAA's amateurism rules - a decision which was then overturned.
In a statement on the Bruins' official website, Muhammad thanked the UCLA staff for their support before revealing he felt it was the right time to make the jump up to the NBA.
"I am so thankful for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play at UCLA and will always be proud to be a Bruin," he said.
"From a young age, I have dreamed of playing in the NBA, and I believe that this is the right time for me to move to the next level.
"I have had an unbelievable experience at UCLA and am eternally grateful to my teammates, my coaches and the program's support staff for helping me become a better person and basketball player during my time in Westwood.
"It has been an honor and a privilege to play for coach Ben Howland."
Muhammed, considered a possibility for a top 10 draft pick, took part in a pre-draft workout with the Sacremento Kings on Monday.
Controversy has followed the forward throughout his young career - it has been revealed he was born in 1993 and not 1992 as previously believed, making him 20-years-old as a freshman and not 19.
Experts expect that to limit his options when draft day comes around later this month.
Most of that stuff I couldn't control myself," Muhammad said when asked out his off-court problems. "I'm just looking forward to playing basketball."
He continued: "I like to explain to them I didn't do anything wrong. It's like I said, that's in the past, and some people were handling my basketball (business). It's all me now."