Tottenham target Paulinho has denied rumours he has an offer to join Real Madrid this summer.

The Corinthians midfielder once more showcased his abilities by scoring the winner in Brazil's Confederations Cup 2-1 semi-final win over Uruguay last night.

Spurs appear to be in the driving seat for his signature and are believed to have had an offer of around £17 million accepted.

Paulinho admitted earlier this week that he was honoured to be linked with a move to Tottenham, but the latest rumours suggest the north London club face a fight to keep their man out of the clutches of Real Madrid and Chelsea.

The 24-year-old confirmed he has an offer on the table from Spurs and no one else - and maintained that he would only make a decision over his future after the competition's final on June 30.

"It's not true about Real Madrid, the only offer that has come is from Tottenham," Paulinho told Terra. "But I have already said that I will only evaluate it after the Confederations Cup."

The box-to-box midfielder got the seal of approval from Chelsea defender David Luiz following his fine performance that helped set up a final appearance against either Spain or Italy last night.

Paulinho is a fantastic player, both defending and attacking," Luiz told Goal.

"He is complete, so he can come to England. It's a great moment for him."

Topics:
Real Madrid
Tottenham Hotspur
Football
Chelsea