Martin Murray misses out on big fight
Visa issues must be cleared up before British fighter Martin Murray can fight in United States
Martin Murray is hoping to clear up his visa issues after admitting having to turn down some great offers to fight in the United States - including one against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Following Murray's defeat to Sergio Martinez in his last bout he has received plenty of offers that have taken his interest.
However, the St Helens middleweight contender has visa issues relating to transgressions as a teenager, and the 30-year-old is hoping to get it sorted as soon as possible so he can finally take up a big fight in the States.
"Hopefully things will be sorted out soon because I've had some great, great offers since the Martinez fight," he told Livefight. "And I've not been able to take them."
After already missing out on the chance to fight Chavez, it was reported that Gennady Golovkin's team had approached Murray about a fight on November 2 - although that has now been denied.
Murray now wants to get his visa sorted before he is forced to miss any more.
"I've not been told of an offer (from Golovkin)," he added. "A date of November 2 is the first I've heard. I've not been told anything. If they said they want to fight me then that's fair enough but I've still got visa issues to sort out.
"Golovkin does look like the real deal. He's not been tested yet but that's not his fault because he can only beat what's been put in front of him.
"The guys he's faced so far weren't going to test him but he's dealt with them impressively."
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://bit.ly/12evFlH
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.