Wigan have confirmed the signing of forward Eddy Pettybourne on a two-year-contract from NRL side Wests Tigers, according to Sky Sports.
The 25-year-old will remain in Sydney until the end of the NRL season before joining the Warriors for the start of their 2014 pre-season programme in November.
Pettybourne was able to negotiate an early release from the final two years of his contract at the Tigers to tie up a deal with the Warriors.
Pettybourne has been drafted in to strengthen the Wigan attack with Lee Mossop and Chris Tuson departing the club at the end of the current campaign, while prop Paul Prescott was forced to announce his retirement on Thursday because of on-going injury problems.
Wigan chairman Ian Lenagan expressed his delight at imminent arrival of Pettybourne.
"We are delighted to announce the signing of Eddy for 2014 and 2015," he said.
"He is a player who we rate extremely highly and is a great acquisition to our playing squad.
"We have been looking to strengthen in attack and in Eddy we have signed a quality player who is genuinely excited about playing in Super League with Wigan Warriors."
Pettybourne - who only joined the West Tigers last year from South Sydney - says he is relishing the opportunity to test himself in the Super League.
"I'm really looking forward to this new challenge with the Wigan Club," emphasised Pettybourne.
"I just feel the time is right now as I have always been interested in playing overseas and I feel I have plenty to offer."
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://bit.ly/12evFlH
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.