Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says the ball is in Manchester United’s court over their offer for Wayne Rooney.
Mourinho confirmed the Stamford Bridge club had made a bid for the 27-year-old, but insisted it was no longer anything to do with them and that the Old Trafford club only need make a decision.
The Portuguese was speaking after a Romelu Lukaku goal had been the difference in their first pre-season match against a Singha All-Atars in Bangkok.
“I think that this situation is clear - nothing is a secret anymore," he told reporters.
"The official bid is just about a certain amount of money and doesn't involve players.
"We want the player. We made the bid and now we have nothing more to say.
"Now it's up to them and we respect their decision. I work with my players now, as I've done from day one.”
Reports on Tuesday evening described Rooney as being “angry and confused” at comments made by new Manchester United manager David Moyes, where he intimated the England international was seen primarily as a back up to Robin van Persie.
It later emerged that Chelsea had tabled a bid worth £10million and a choice of either Juan Mata or David Luiz, something that was swiftly denied by the Blues.
The Manchester United star also appears to be the only man on Mourinho’s wanted list, as his was response to being asked if they had made another bid was “No. and we won’t”.
“Yes” was the answer when asked if it was “Rooney or bust”.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms