David Moyes says he expects Wayne Rooney to return to action in as little as two weeks while once more batting away speculation surrounding the striker's future.
Rooney was forced to leave Manchester United's pre-season tour of Asia and Australia with a hamstring injury earlier this month.
Since then the England international has been the subject of a bid from Chelsea amidst reports he was "angry and confused" about his position at Old Trafford.
Moyes, who has previously insisted Rooney is not for sale, said he fully expects him to hook back up with his Manchester United team-mates for a friendly against AIK Solna on August 6.
"We have said and the club have said he is not for sale," Moyes said after watching his side lose 3-2 to Yokohama F Marinos today - their second pre-season defeat under the Scot in three games.
"That has not changed. I do expect Wayne to be in Stockholm. As far as I know, he is coming.
"He has started light jogging, and the feedback from the physios is that he is progressing - so hopefully those dates will still be right when we get back."
Rooney's unrest can be traced back to him being left out for a key Champions League tie against Real Madrid last season by Sir Alex Ferguson, who revealed on the last day of the 2012/13 campaign that the 27-year-old had handed in the second transfer request of his United career.