Afternoon Football Report: July 24
Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham and Barcelona news
Liverpool owner John Henry has blasted Arsenal's £40 million and one pound bid for striker Luis Suarez on Twitter.
Posting on the social network site last night, the American said: "what do you think they are smoking over there at the Emirates?"
Vincent Kompany says manager Manuel Pellegrini is pushing his Manchester City squad hard in training in order to get them ready for the new season.
Pellegrini took over from Roberto Mancini earlier this summer.
Manchester United will let Wayne Rooney leave to join Chelsea - once they complete the signing of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.
That's according to the Daily Star, who claim that the Red Devils will continue to fight for Fabregas despite already having two bids turned down.
New Barcelona boss Gerardo Martino has revealed Lionel Messi and his father had a say in his appointment as Tito Vilanova's replacement.
Martino arrives at the Nou Camp from Newell's Old Boys to take over from Vilanova, who was forced to step down in order to continue his battle against cancer.
And finally, Tottenham fan favourite David Ginola has backed Spurs to land Valencia forward Roberto Soldado this summer.