Football

Cesc Fabregas is not for sale, says Martino

Published 1 Comments

Football News
24/7

New Barcelona manager Gerardo Martino has refuted claims midfielder Cesc Fabregas is set to join Premier League champions Manchester United.

The news comes as a blow to Manchester United boss David Moyes - who claimed on Thursday that talks were 'ongoing' to bring the former Arsenal star back to England.

Martino, who was speaking at his first press conference for his new side, said: "I'm not going to involve myself in the club's accounts, but considering the club has already rejected two offers, I would guess it will reject a third. 

"In other words, Fabregas will remain here."

Barcelona vice-chairman Josep Maria Bartomeu backed the Catalan giants' new manager, adding: "It's logical that we've had offers for Fabregas because he is a quality player, but he is not for sale."

Manchester United have had two bids rejected for Fabregas - with the highest offer believed to be in the region of £31million.

Moyes, who missed out on Thiago earlier this summer, may now have to switch his attention elsewhere - with Everton powerhouse Marouane Fellaini, Newcastle's Yohan Cabaye and Luka Modric of Real Madrid all said to be targets.   

Former Everton manager Moyes will be particualy keen to add a midfielder to his ranks after seeing his side win just one of their first four pre-season games thus far.  

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms

Topics:
Premier League
Manchester United
Barcelona
Francesc Fabregas
Football
La Liga

Article Comments

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again