Liverpool have opened negotiations with Granada full-back Guilherme Siqueira, who has also attracted transfer interest from Merseyside rivals Everton, reports the Daily Star.

The 27-year-old Brazilian - who has a £21million release-clause written into his current contract - has been watched by a number of European clubs in the past 12 months, with the most high profile of those sides being Real Madrid and Galatasaray.

Now Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers has joined the race for Siqueira's signature, with Liverpool keen to recruit another left-back this summer, to provide further competition for Jose Enrique in 2013/14.

According to sources in Spain it will take a bid of at least £8million to convince Granada to sell the defender, having already turned down an offer from La Liga rivals Valencia last season.

"I had a very good offer from Valencia last year and the club decided not to sell me," explained Siqueira

"I simply told the club's president that if there is another offer this year, that he should let me make my dream of playing for a big European club come true.

"He said yes, that he would help me. And this is what's going on. If the offers that are coming are good for the club and for me, I think it's the right moment to sell me."

Siqueira is under contract with Granada until 2017, but looks as though he could be on the move this summer before the transfer window closes on September 1.

A switch to Liverpool will come as a bitter blow for Everton boss Roberto Martinez, who was believed to have been lining up the South American as a possible replacement for Leighton Baines, should the England international join Manchester United.

 

 

 

Topics:
#Premier League
#Liverpool
#Everton
Flag article