Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy will reportedly enter showdown talks with Real Madrid this Wednesday, according to the Daily Telegraph.
Levy is supposed to sit down with Florentino Perez, the Real Madrid president over talks of a Gareth Bale transfer.
Despite the already heavy price tag, Tottenham are said to be holding out for Madrid to offer the young striker Alvaro Morata.
Real Madrid have so far only mentioned Fabio Coentrao and Angel Di Maria as part of the deal, but have said nothing about Morata.
Morata was the leading scorer in Spain's U-21 winning side and had a significant contribution at the U-21 European Championships this summer.
It might all come down to whether or not Real are willing to sell a young star like Morata to bring Bale to the Bernabeu.
The talks will reportedly commence in Miami on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Tottenham have removed Bale and the recently departed Clint Dempsey from their Twitter background, fuelling increased media speculation.
It is said two factors are driving Levy's negotiations - an all cash offer (reportedly in the region of £87million) and Alvaro Morata's signature.
The Bale saga might be on the verge of turning ugly, with reports of a death threat being made to the Spurs man.
The threat was brief, but has been taking seriously and it is assumed the security at the Tottenham training ground has been on high alert.
It might be easier on everyone if Levy and Perez can conclude their negotiations as soon as possible.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/130seMa
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.