- Arsenal target Luis Suarez is set to hold fire on a formal transfer request due to Liverpool's hard-line stance on his future.
- Wayne Rooney is available for selection for Manchester United's meeting with Wigan in the Community Shield on Sunday.
- Tottenham have rubbished suggestions that Jan Vertonghen could join Barcelona before the transfer deadline.
- Spurs, meanwhile, have made an approach for £15million-rated Roma attacking midfielder Miralem Pjanic.
- Ryan Giggs admits this season could be his toughest as a Manchester United player.
- Arsenal could progress to the Champions League proper even if they lose to Fenerbahce, with the Turkish giants still awaiting the verdict from the Court of Arbitration for Sport relating to a case of alleged match-fixing.
- Luis Suarez is too good for Arsenal and Liverpool, according to recently-retired Anfield legend Jamie Carragher.
- Manchester City could sell Gareth Barry and Scott Sinclair as early as next week.
- Stewart Downing is close to securing a transfer from Liverpool to West Ham for a fee of £6 million.
- Queens Park Rangers have had their interest in Scott Parker and Jermain Defoe rebuffed by Tottenham.