Carlo Ancelotti has once more spoken of his desire to land Gareth Bale this summer.
Real Madrid have been relentless in their pursuit of the Tottenham forward during the transfer window, and have reportedly had a world record bid of around £86 million turned down.
Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas remains adamant Bale, who scored 21 goals in the Premier League last season, is going nowhere but reports elsewhere suggest the north London club
will sell if Madrid offer £100 million to be paid up front, or if their offer includes young forward Alvaro Morata.
A host of Madrid players have spoken out about their hopes of Bale, who is believed to be pushing hard for a move, heading to the Bernabeu while Ancelotti earned a reprimand from Villas-Boas after he revealed there had been talks between the two teams.
The Italian has once more risked the wrath of the Spurs manager by suggesting he is happy with his team, but would welcome Bale should the deal be done.
"Bale? I can only respond by saying I’m very happy with the squad I have but the best players make a team better,” he told reporters.
Full-back Fabio Coentrao was reportedly offered to Spurs as part of the original offer for Bale, and Spurs are said to be keen on the Portuguese international regardless of what happens with the Welshman.
"Coentrao has asked to leave the club and won’t be playing Sunday [against Real Betis]," the former AC Milan boss confirmed.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms