While the emphasis of this year’s transfer market has been revolving around whether Gareth Bale will sign for Madrid or not, many talented youngsters have once again been over looked by the top clubs of European football.
All of these youthful players are in fine form, and could be looking for a switch to the Premier League in the near future.
1) 20-year-old starlet Jesé Rodríguez, has a playing style that has been likened to Cristiano Ronaldo, with his electric pace and knack for finishing that seems to come naturally to so many of the young Spanish stars of today. Only just breaking out of the Castillo Real Madrid 2nd team, he could be persuaded to swap to a top Premier League team with the promise of regular first team football.
2) Stephen El Shaarawy has been playing extraordinarily well for AC Milan lately, but is constantly forced out of the first team by the likes of Mario Balotelli, Giampaolo Pazzini and Robinho. His goal scoring ability is second to none; slotting home 19 goals last year in all competitions, meaning just about every top club in the Premier League would love a chance to steal his signature away from Milan.
3) At the young age of 18, Kurt Zouma has prodigious talent that is clear for all to see, including France manager Didier Deschamps, who stated earlier this year that Zouma has the potential to become a future captain of the French national side. He collected his first full cap when just 16 years old, his talent was obvious from a young age. However, making only 18 appearances for St-Etienne last season, he could be the subject of a summer switch to a Premier League club.
4) Luis Muriel is a Columbian forward whose playing style is regularly compared to Brazilian legend Ronaldo. At 22, he has returned to Udinese for the 2013 season, grabbing the number nine shirt in the process. Having been shipped out on loan the last few seasons, Muriel would be forgiven for wanting a more secure first team place, something he may be able to find at Tottenham Hotspur or Arsenal.
5) Recently winning the treble in Germany, Bayern Munich have a young squad full of talent. One such starlet is Xherdan Shaqiri, who has shone in pre-season. The 21-year-old Swiss international has already grabbed himself 25 caps for the national team, and looks to be in impressive form. However, the depth of Munich’s team has lead to him being benched for the opening games of the 2013 season. This lack of trust in his ability could lead to him handing in a transfer request in the near future, as a player with such talent deserves a starting place. With Liverpool reportedly interested in his signature, he is certainly one to watch for the future.
With teams such as Arsenal and Liverpool still on the lookout for promising talent, perhaps some of the names on this list might be finding their way to the premiership in the near future after all. We can only hope.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/130seMa
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms