On Monday morning the Gareth Bale saga took a fresh twist with the news that Tottenham Hotspur were considering another bid for Gareth Bale.
Bale was expected to sign for Real Madrid for a world-record fee of £86m, but now his move looks to be in jeopardy as a mystery club have made a bid for the Welsh international.
It was suggested that the "mystery club" could be Manchester United.
After last night's game between Manchester United and Chelsea, David Moyes was asked about if Manchester United were that club to which he simply replied with "no".
Moyes has had a quiet summer so far and he will be looking to add some quality to his squad in the last week of the transfer window.
Asked about possible interest in Bale, Moyes answered: "I said at the start that Manchester United will always be interested in the best players and we'll always be looking to try and improve the team.
"The owners have given me every opportunity to get who I want so we'll continue to look for those players. It's been tough in this window but we're always looking at the best players."
With United possibly out of the race for Bale, only a few clubs can afford the Welshman.
Except Real Madrid only Chelsea, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain and AS Monaco can afford to have the Welsh wizard.
Spurs have already stated that they won't sell Bale to a direct rival, which means Chelsea and Manchester City are out.
Bale has said he wants Champions League football, which means that the only possible team from which Spurs could accept a bid is PSG.
The French team has already spend £100m for Edinson Cavani, Marquinhos and Lucas Digne.
They will have to spend almost £90m only for his signature, but the situation at Real Madrid is pretty much the same.
However, there is the possibility that all this could be a smoke screen so Daniel Levy can get a bit more for his star player.
On September 3 the Gareth Bale saga will finally be over and we will see which team he will choose to play for.