Work continues on the New Jersey street circuit despite Bernie Ecclestone's claim the race has been cancelled again in 2014.
"As far as we are concerned, the race is still on," West New York mayor Felix Roque told reporters.
Roque continued saying crews were "working diligently on Boulevard East, getting curbs and sidewalks done... they are out there today."
Last week Bernie Ecclestone said the race that had to be cancelled this year, had been cancelled again next year due to financial problems
But a race spokesman hit back saying work was on-track and Ecclestone said "no-no" when asked if he had ruled out placing the race on the 2014 calendar.
An unnamed team boss told Speed Week he believed Ecclestone was up to his old tricks claiming "it's not the first time we've heard words like these".
"I would not write off the race in New Jersey," he added.
The mayor of Weehawken Richard Turner also doubted the reports claiming the race was off in 2014.
"No one from F1 down to (promoter) Mr (Leo) Hindery has said the race was off," said Turner.
"The way they negotiate details seems to be in the public."
Turner said he would wait until September 24th when the first provisional calendar comes out for the 2014 season.
"We'll see then if we are on the schedule," he added.
At the same time the state government of Victoria has announced a smaller loss for this year's Australian Grand Prix.
While the loss, around $50m, is much less than in previous years both sides are promising to extend the current race contract until the end of 2015.
"Generally the driver of all government activity on this will be we will only sign a new contract if it represents good value for money," minister Louise Asher told reporters on Wednesday.
Melbourne's Albert Park circuit has hosted Formula 1 since 1996.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/130seMa
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.