Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini has told boss Roberto Martinez that he wants to leave Goodison Park - with Manchester United closing in on the Belgian international.
Fellaini, 25, is yet to hand in an official transfer request but he has indicated verbally that he would like to leave the Toffees, according to the Daily Mail.
With reports suggesting Manchester United have lodged an improved £36 million double bid for Fellaini and Leighton Baines - an offer that Everton have rejected - Fellaini's demands have rocked the Goodison Park outfit, who were previously confident of keeping hold of their most prized asset.
With just three days to go until the transfer window closes for business, United must act fast if they are intent on bringing the former Standard Liege star to Old Trafford.
David Moyes' side have already seen a £26 million offer rejected by the Merseyside club, but manager Martinez has conceded that he's planning for life without his two top performers in the event that they both complete last-minute moves to Manchester United.
He said: "The way you work in the transfer market is to always think about the unthinkable.
"You always have to work in a way which means that if the worst was to happen, and you picked up one or two injuries, you need to replace players.
"That's the norm so you always have to work like that.
"I have told the chairman (Bill Kenwright) I don't want to know anything that's going on (with United). I only want to know the final news.
"I have had enough of "he said this, he said that".
"This is sensitive."
Despite the uncertainty surrounding their key players, Everton must turn their attentions back to the Premier League, as they travel to newly-promoted Cardiff City on Saturday.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms