Manuel Pellegrini has said he will not rush Vincent Kompany back from injury despite Manchester City's ongoing problems in central defence.
City's captain was ruled out for up to six weeks after sustaining a groin injury in the opening game of the season against Newcastle.
With Matija Nastasic also injured, Pellegrini has had to resort to using players out of position at centre-back with Javi Martinez failing to impress against Cardiff last weekend.
Kompany had previously stated that he was ready to return as soon as possible with mid-september penciled in. However, Pellegrini is happy to wait for longer.
"(There is) nothing new with Vincent," he said to reporters.
"Doctors said from the beginning it could last for six weeks. We will see next week how he improves but less than one month is impossible."
Pellegrini will however, be able to call upon Nastasic in the near future after revealing the Serbian has resumed full training and could start against Hull City at the weekend.
"Yes, Nastasic is able to play from the beginning," added Pellegrini.
"I think that Javi didn't do badly but he normally plays in midfield. It is Nastasic's position so I think it is better for the team."
The Chilean manager also said that he may look to bring in some new faces before the transfer window closes on Monday.
City have been one of the more active clubs this summer having already brought in big names such as Jesus Navas and Stevan Jovetic but Pellegrini may want more.
"We will see next Monday what will happen," he said. "We have some days to bring someone in. We will see what we can do."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms