The World Cup is fast approaching and many nations are in the mix with a chance at glory. The most anticipated competition in history occurs every four years and this the 20th edition of the tournament.
Here I will be looking at which youngsters are set to star in Brazil and why they have so much potential.
5) Isco - This Spanish play maker has recently joined Real Madrid from Malaga for a fee of €30million and is only 21. He impressed at the UEFA European Under-21 Championship which has prompted a call up from Vicente del Bosque to the Spanish national squad. Isco has great vision and can pick out any pass - definitely a player to look out for at the World Cup.
4) Marco Verratti - Being labelled the next Pirlo isn't something to be taken lightly but this boy has a lot of ability and definitely has the potential to emulate the Italian's stature. He plays in centre midfield for French giants PSG and one day he could be a fantastic player.
3) Mario Gotze - After recently joining Bundesliga big guns Bayern Munich, Gotze has a bright future ahead of him and with the World Cup fast approaching, it could be great chance to show the world what he is worth.
2) Jack Wilshere - England's shining light - could Jack be the key to the three Lions success? Currently at Arsenal, he has had an injury hit career but if he can have a decent season at the Gunners then he could surely help England on their way to glory.
1) Neymar - There is only one person who could top this list and that person is Neymar. He's skillful, quick, great at dribbling and a lethal finisher. Neymar shone at the Confederations Cup - guiding Brazil to victory including a demolishing of Spain in the final. This boy has a big career ahead of him and now he is at Barcelona, he could become one of the world's greats.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/130seMa