Over previous years, the French Premier League known as Ligue 1 has been the start of the careers of many footballing greats including the likes of Eden Hazard and Michael Essien.
Here, Andy Helliwell picks his top ten players that are going to shine in 2013/14....
10) Joao Moutinho (AS Monaco) - The Portuguese central midfielder had an excellent season for Porto last year and moved to big spenders Monaco for a fee of €25 million this summer.
9) Maxime Gonalons (Lyon) - He plays in the heart of midfield and nothing much gets past him, the Lyon captain had an impressive season last year and will look to continue his great form into this season.
8) Ezequiel Lavezzi (PSG) - The speedy Argentinian signed for French big guns PSG back in 2011 from Napoli. He had a decent start to his Ligue 1 career last season and will looking to improve on that this year.
7) Yoan Gourcuff (Lyon) - This attacking playmaker has a lot of ability and is an accomplished passer of the ball. The Frenchman has never made an appearance for France, but if he can continue his good form from last year, it is surely on a matter of time until he receives his first cap.
6) Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille) - This Frenchman has had a very successful career at OM and is well known for his speed and technical ability.
5) James Rodriguez (AS Monaco) - Signed this summer by Ligue 1 new boys Monaco for a fee believed to be around €45million, this boy has a lot of potential which I can see coming through this season.
4) Thiago Silva (PSG) - One of the best defenders in the world, the Brazilian has shown what he is made of by putting in a string of fantastic performances for the French giants.
3) Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG) - The Ligue 1 top-scorer last year will be looking to emulate this success next season. Although he isn't getting any younger, this Swede has still got a lot left in him.
2) Radamel Falcao (Monaco) - The Columbian goalscoring machine will be looking to make a good start to his Monaco career after a very successful spell with Spanish club Atletico Madrid. He's good in the air and has a lethal finish which makes him a great all-round striker.
1) Edinson Cavani (PSG) - Goals is what this man is all about and next season could allow him to show the world that he is not just a flash in the pan. With tough competition for places at the club it could help him perform at his peak and take Ligue 1 by storm.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/130seMa
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms