Manchester United have been linked with loads of players this summer, most of these being just rumours, and others have been bid for but these have all been rejected.
But with deadline day upon us will Manchester United be able to lure anybody to the club and will anybody on this list be on their way to Old Trafford?
I am going to count down the top five most likely players to join Manchester United on deadline day.
5) Mesut Ozil: This is easily the least likely to happen as he has openly said that he wants to stay at Real Madrid and fight for his place, but with Isco having moved this summer and putting in some impressive performances in his first couple of games, and Gareth Bale as well, it just makes you think despite him wanting to stay, will the club feel the same if a big offer comes in for him?
4) Daniele De Rossi: With Manchester United apparently having a £10m offer for the 30 year old turned down by Roma in recent days, does that necessarily mean that United will not come back with a larger offer on deadline day for the highly rated midfielder. Unfortunately this move also looks unrealistic as De Rossi has never played for any other club than Roma and apparently he does not want a move away at this moment of time either.
3) Ander Herrera: Recently Athelico Bilbao have turned down a £25m offer for Herrera from United, they also said that they would not let him leave unless the release clause in his contract was met, £31m, and whether or not the player himself wants to leave also. Ander Herrera started on the bench for Bilbao versus Real Madrid also, which could mean any number of things, so read into that what you will. This transfer is definitely a major possibility if United see fit that they need a creative midfielder.
2) Leighton Baines: This transfer has been rumoured to be happening the whole summer ever since David Moyes joined Manchester United from Everton, which was quickly followed by a bid for Baines from Manchester United, after much speculation on whether or not Moyes would be looking to his former player to be first major signing at United. United later made a joint bid for him and Marouane Fellaini which was quickly rejected by Everton and labelled as insulting and derisory - the bid was reported to be £28m with Baines valued at £12m in the bid. This transfer should not be ruled out and it would not be too surprising if he did in fact move after all the rumours and speculation linking him with a move to United.
1) Marouane Fellaini: Now this would have been just as likely as Leighton Baines moving to United a couple of weeks ago, but in recent days Moyes has stated that a creative midfielder would be top on the transfer agenda at United ,and Fellaini fits that bill perfectly. Along with the joint bid with Baines, in which Fellaini was valued at £16m, recently it has been rumoured that Manchester United were in advanced talks with Everton over the possible transfer of Fellaini. Despite this neither team has spoken about said rumours to say whether they are true or false. To conclude this transfer may not necessarily happen but out of all the players that Manchester United have been rumoured to be after this, in my opinion, is the most likely to materialise.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/130seMa
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.