Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger finally cracked - he did it! He spent money! And what a signing too - Mesut Ozil. Real Madrid's number 10. What a coup.
And the Germany international will be the signing of the summer for the Gunners - you'll see. And if you don't automatically believe everything you read - i.e. you want some concrete reasons based loosely on some kind of fact - then you're in luck. Sort of.
Here are ten reasons why we think Ozil will be the signing of the summer for Arsenal in the Premier League this term...
2. He's the best of an insanely talented group of young Germany playmakers - Julian Draxler, Marco Reus, Mario Gotze. And Ozil's the original.
3. He's the only player with a world-class reputation coming into the Premier League this summer. And he immediately becomes (at worst) the second best player in the Premier League (behind Robin Van Persie).
4. He's as good as Lionel Messi - at least in terms of providing assists. Only the Barca superstar set up as many goals as Ozil over the past two years. 47 assists in 24 months.
6. At 24, he's just reaching his peak.
7. Jose Mourinho says so. The Special One called him the 'best number 10 in the world' and compared him to Luis Figo and Zinedine Zidane.
8. He's got great nicknames - 'Der Rabe' (The Raven), 'German Messi', 'German Zidane', 'Nemo' - and everyone knows great nicknames mean great player. Not to mention, Arsenal have a strong tradition in this department - from their very own 'Little Mozart' to the 'non-flying Dutchman'.
9. He's got the best eyes in football. Just look at them. Actually don't. Don't look into the eyes.
10. Cristiano Ronaldo's reaction to his departure. When the world's second best player throws a strop because you've been sold, you must be good. In truth, Ronaldo probably recognises his supply line has just taken a massive hit.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms