Bafetimbi Gomis has knocked back suggestions of January interest from Newcastle by stating he will remain with Lyon for the rest of this season.
Returning to the Lyon starting lineup on Sunday, the French striker told reporters: "[I will stay with Lyon] until the summer.
"Now the transfer window is over, we must go again hand in hand. If I decided to stay it is because I respect the hierarchy.
"The president is also known to be positive."
Gomis was reportedly in talks with Newcastle over a move to the North-East, but the £8m transfer broke down over Gomis' reported wage demands.
Roma and Swansea were also said to be interested in Gomis, whose physical style has been compared to Didier Drogba.
Gomis had been excluded from the Lyon first-team training in pre-season, with OL expecting a transfer to the Premier League.
Lyon have had a slow start to the new Ligue 1 season, and sit in eighth place having drawn one of their last three games, losing the other two. Gomis understands the need for him to improve his goal return:
"Yes, I would like to be scoring but I must have a few more matches in my legs to feel better and get to my level.
"I'm not worried, I believe in work."
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/130seMa
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.