Wantaway striker Javier Hernandez has been told by David Moyes that "it is not a question" that he will be staying at Old Trafford this season, reports ESPN.
The Mexican international's chances have been limited this season at the Manchester club, with only one Premier League start to his name.
The lack of opportunities for Hernandez has meant that the transfer rumours circulating the Mexican international have only increased in recent weeks.
The suggestion that the Mexico star, who moved to United for £6.9 million in 2010, will soon be leaving appeared to have increased after reports last week that Tottenham were interested in signing the striker.
However, under-pressure manager Moyes has insisted that Hernandez will remain at Old Trafford for the forthcoming season.
"It is not a question for now," said Moyes. "He will play a lot of games before the end of the season."
In better news for United, young starlet Andan Januzaj will be able to make his Champions League debut on Wednesday night.
The 18-year-old winger had been illegible for United's first two matches, however has become eligible for the competition the same week as signing a five-year deal with the English champions.
"He is now available. The way his date of birth and time here works out. He is an exceptional talent. He is someone who is going to play a big part in the future of Manchester United."
Danny Welbeck, Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand are still doubts for the game, but Tom Cleverley should be available for the first time since United's 2-1 victory over Sunderland after overcoming a calf injury.
Write for GiveMeSport! Sign-up to the GMS Writing Academy here: http://gms.to/1a2u3KU
DISCLAIMER: This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.