Italy's flying winger Alessio Cerci has denied rumours linking him with a move to the Premier League elite.
A host of clubs including Manchester United, Arsenal Liverpool and Tottenham reportedly sent scouts to run the rule over the Torino star, who played against Nigeria at Craven Cottage on Monday night.
Cerci would have impressed the likes of Arsene Wenger and David Moyes with his performance in the 2-2, as the 26-year-old continued the fine form that has seen him score eight goals in the Serie A this season.
With Champions League football on offer, both the Gunners and the Red Devils were believed to be favourites to land Cerci's signature and £12.5m was reportedly enough to convince the Serie A outfit to sell.
However, the player himself has denied that any contact has been made with any club from the Premier League and insists he knows nothing of any potential interest from Liverpool, Tottenham, Arsenal or Manchester United.
Speaking to Tuttosport about the transfer link Cerci said: "It's not true. I haven't spoken to anyone."
His quotes fall in line with that of Torino president Urbano Cairo, who told TMW earlier this week: "I haven't received any calls from England for Cerci, even if I read in the newspapers that there is interest from British clubs.
"As far as I am concerned, there's no truth to it. Will he stay at Torino in January? Of course."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms