Swiss side Basel have denied claims that Tottenham have been in contact regarding a potential move for manager Murat Yakin.
Yakin was quoted by Swiss website 20 minutes as saying he had been approached by Tottenham following the departure of manager Andre Villas-Boas on Monday.
However Basel president Bernhard Heusler told Swiss daily Blick: "There has been no contact between the clubs."
Yakin, who is currently on holiday as the Swiss league goes into its winter break, added: "I am enjoying my holidays. I have had no contact with Lazio or Tottenham."
Tottenham agreed to terminate Villas-Boas's contract by 'mutual consent' following the disastrous 5-0 defeat against Liverpool on Sunday, which came soon after their 6-0 drubbing against Manchester City.
Firmer midfielder and technical director Tim Sherwood has been placed in charge on a temporary basis, although there are suggestions that he could take on the role permanently if he does well.
His first game in the hot seat is tonight in the Capital One Cup quarter final against West Ham at White Hart Lane.
Others said to be in contention to land the job include Ajax's Frank de Boer, Swansea's Michael Laudrup and former Tottenham midfielder Glen Hoddle.
Villas-Boas had been in charge of Spurs for 17 months before his departure, which was reportedly bought about following a meeting with club chairman Daniel Levy at Tottenham's training ground.