Frank de Boer's agent has confirmed that he has been contacted by Tottenham over their vacant managerial role.
Spurs terminated manager Andre Villas-Boas's contract on Monday by 'mutual consent' following the 5-0 defeat at the hands of Liverpool on Sunday.
Former midfielder Tim Sherwood took charge of Tottenham's 2-1 Capital One Cup quarter final defeat against West Ham last night.
While Sherwood has been linked with the role on a permanent basis, De Boer is currently the favourite to take over at White Hart Lane.
The former Barcelona defender took charge of Ajax in 2010 following ex-Spurs manager Martin Jol's departure, and has led them to three successive Eredivisie titles, with a fourth firmly in their sights this season.
Reports elsewhere today suggest De Boer has already turned down the opportunity to take over at Spurs, while he was quoted yesterday as saying he would like to remain with Ajax for 'many years'- but his agent says talks so far haven't progressed beyond the initial contact.
"Through several channels it became clear to me that Spurs would have an interest," Guido Albers told Voetbal International.
"But the club did not come to Ajax. So from our point of view there's not much to say about it. Frank isn't even thinking about it. He's fully focusing on Ajax."
A move to Spurs may be an attractive option for De Boer, with two of his former players, Christian Eriksen and Jan Vertonghen, already in north London.
Despite that, the temptation to become the first Ajax coach to win four straight titles may prove to be too tempting to walk away from.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms