Charlie Strong took over as the new head coach of the Texas Longhorns earlier this month.
And, according to a document doing the round on the internet, the Longhorns' players had better expect a pretty intense regime under the former Louisville man.
In a meeting headed by Strong, players and staff met to discuss (or be told) the standards that will be expected of them in the future of the program.
The end result of the discussions appears to be a list of rules that all student-athletes must adhere to in order to remain part of the Longhorns program.
The following has been reported by the SB Nation Barking Carnival website:
1. Players will attend all of their classes and sit in the front rows of all of their classes. GAs, academic folks, position coaches will be checking constantly now.
2. No headphones in class. No texting in class. Sit up and take notes.
3. If a player misses a class, he runs until it hurts. If he misses two classes, his entire position unit runs. If he misses three, the position coach runs. The position coaches don't want to run.
4. No earrings in the football building. No drugs. No stealing. No guns. Treat women with respect.
5. Players may not live off campus anymore, unless they're a senior who hits certain academic standards. The University will buy out the leases for every player currently living off campus and put them in the athletic dorm.
6. The team will all live together, eat together, suffer together, and hang out together. They will become a true team and learn to impose accountability on each other. The cliques are over.
7. There's no time for a rebuild. "I don't have time for that." The expectation is that Texas wins now.
8. Players will learn that they would rather practice than milk a minor injury.
9. The focus is on winning and graduating. Anything extraneous to that is a distraction and will be stamped out or removed.
10. Strong met individually with seniors and key leaders and re-emphasized that the plan is to win now. They can lead the new culture or be run over by it.
11. "I don't want to talk about things. I'd rather do things. We just talked. Now it's time to do."
We just feel sorry for any player than sleeps in on the first day of class!
The Longhorns finished last season with a winning record of 8-5 but somehow we don't thing that will be acceptable to Charlie Strong
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms